Monday, March 3, 2014

MDA

I had to address this problem to MDA (Michigan Deaf of Association).

Last week, they were having the public hearing and Deaf hearing (for Deaf people only specifically) happens at Madonna University and at FAD (Flint Association for the Deaf). A lot of people went there to deliver the message to MDCR for the PA 204 and what's in the need of adjustment to that policy. I was thrilled that they were having the hearing so we, Deaf community, can do something to change or give the feedback. But what hit me hard was the location. The location of that hearing occurred at was too far from people in Grand Rapids or Lansing who really motivated to give the feedback but couldn't due to the weather or don't want to waste the gas to drive all the way for just the hearing.

I feel that MDA knew about this, but not even bother to keep connected with the community like us in specific location. I was disappointed that I couldn't go due to work or school schedule plus I tweeted to MDA recently that I suggested them to stay connect with people from Grand Rapids, Lansing, or larger cities then the result will immediately improve and MDCR will see the big difference and see the large numbers in the community. Even I told them that they should do something relate to video technology such as Skype or Google Hangout for people whoever cannot make it to the town hall. I heard nothing from them which terrified me that they will only come and advocate in THAT area or that people from Flint, Livonia and around that area. Sheryl Emery's office is in Lansing, so they SHOULD send a representative to our area to host in a town hall, absolutely it might work so that representative will be able to give the result to MDA so they can share to the community and MDCR. There's the possibilities to stay connect with us. But I felt bummed that I couldn't go and I see the result was smaller. So I am saying that it will be a BIG push if we involved too. That's how I feel left out and trying to get some attention or give the feedback to MDA. Nothing happened.

I think they should improve their communication system and stay connect with us such as Twitter or Facebook, whatever is out there. No excuse for them to said "Oh why not carpool or contact us?" This letter isn't intend to cause the drama or anything, just express how I am feeling.

MDA, I hope you will listen and I know you got the marvelous leader working with you guys.

Thank you,
T.J. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More