Monday, June 13, 2011

Michigan Pride Weekend

Michigan Pride Weekend on last Friday, Saturday was excellent adventure with Jahan, we volunteered and helped to make the Michigan Pride successful. It did and there's a lot of good experience to interact with the LGBT Community!

We went to Spiral which it is Gay bar in downtown which it is not too far from the Pride. It was on Friday night, Robyn, Jessica, and Jahan decided to celebrate the white party. At the first, I thought white party was like those old people who wanted to celebrate LGBT until I went, my view turned into wrong. I experienced with the crowded bar, ack! I have a claustrophobia, but that bar was packed. I was freaking out at that moment and relieved that my friends went, LOL! All I said it was a blast. I am looking forward to do it again next year! :-)

On Saturday, we woke up at 10:30 A.M to go to the parade in the capitol in Lansing, Michigan. The mayor, Virg Bernero, of Lansing, East Lansing Mayor (I forget his name which I don't care), other major speakers came to give the comments to the LGBT community in Lansing. It was very excellent and heart-touching moment, and I didn't realized that the priest did come, told everyone that he arranged committing ceremony at 1pm which other couples can get committed. It was so thrilled and everyone wanted that dream come true in Michigan, and it did! The rally near Capitol looked like? (Picture below) The part what I hated about Rally is, the anti-gay group was there to protest saying "Jesus hates fags" and others..

Virg announced that he and his colleague, East Lansing Mayor is working to improve the economy, then they will make sure to build Gay Rights for the addition (hooray!). They told us that the Police/Firemen is now working with LGBT community, providing the equal service. I was surprised that Fireman Truck and Police Cars was participating in the parade which it touched my heart to see that they have the heart for us! At first, I wondered how come that Virg have a heart for LGBT community, I never see any mayor will support like this until he said "I have a gay brother, Victor (50 - deceased) and I'm so damn proud to be his brother, be here with you, LGBT community!". I was like my clue has been answered, LOL!

Michigan Pride Rally (Posted on Lansing State Journal) Can you find me in there? ;-) Of course the interpreter provided! (Hint - I wore a orange shirt)


After the rally - Jahan and I went to the pride to doing the volunteer job, we passed out the waistband at the gate, so the people can enter back and forward without having a problem with the security at the front of the gate. We volunteered until 6:45 P.M and we exhausted, OMG.. You don't have any idea how tired we was! We feel like we're part of Senior Citizens Community at that moment, LOL!

As well, during the afternoon, I was kidding to Jahan about his car got towed because I saw the tow truck towed his Trailblazer and thought it wasn't his truck. He was freaked out, you must see his reaction and it's hilarious! I told him, calm down, I was kidding. He was like "Oh you better be fucking kidding me!" until the volunteer job ended, oops.. my joke wasn't a joke, it was a realistic joke. His trailblazer got towed after we saw the parking spot was empty. I was like uh-oh, we're screwed. :-(

But the weekend was priceless, that's all.
 
Enjoy this post? Share as you may! 


1 comments:

Good story. And I may add, you writing is much better. Keep it up dude!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More